The Leadership of Tai Solarin University of Education Student Union Government 2015/2016 Led by Com. Barr. Hon. Aje Amidu OlawaleI gave a stewardship account of their regime during the handing over ceremony to the Newly Elected Student Union President for 2016/2017 academic session Led by Com. Sanni Ramon
Am heartily delighted to give an unreserved appreciation to Almighty Allah who has always given us the sagacity and capacity to champion excellence and great concepts in various aspects of winning and leading, says com. Aje Amidu as he started his speech.
He Continue his speech by giving a word of appreciation to the effort of the University Management especially the Vice Chancellor( Prof. Oluyemisi Oluremi Obilade) for her support during his regime. I believed that honest and good leadership is all we need to run any University successfully as he quote Dr Tai Solarin statement in an OGTV interview in September 1985.
When we were elected into office on the 21th of January 2016, the first assignment of the executives was the harmonization of the realistic manifesto of all members for implementation. With this we went into action.
OUR ACHIEVEMENT SO FAR!!!
- Renovation of the student union building in conjunction with the University Management.
- Non interruption of the Academic calendar.
- Re- conduction of E-test for 100L, 200L and 300L.
- Improvement in the school health center. Courtesy of the Management.
- Welfarism Tour to all communities (Ijagun, Ijele, Imaweje and Abapawa).
- Leadership Capacity Training for all union leaders, courtesy of the Management.
- Consideration of our predecessors (Com. Osas, Com. Ibrahim and Com. Afeez) kudos to the Management.
- WEMA BANK Automated Teller Machine on campus. Courtesy of the Management.
- Establishment of Aluta Market.
- Re-conduction of SIWES for 300level students who were unable to pay their school fees as at when due.(Amnesty SIWES).
- Re-conduction of Teaching Practice Exercise for 400level students who were unable to pay their school fees as at when due. (Amnesty T.P) kudos to the Management.
- Pumping of water for our students in the four communities during black out period.
- Be fitting remembrance of our falling hero (Com. Fashina Olatunji David aka Humble Tee Jay) who lost his life on the 12th of February 2012 during the scrapping and merging protest of the University. In view of this, his statue was erected in front of the Student Union Building.
See More: COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES PRODUCES THE 9TH TASUED SUG PRESIDENT AFTER 6 YEARS
We know that our mistakes are too many to count but we thank Almighty Allah that our mistakes never leads to life time retrogression . My successor (Com. Sanni Ramon) Do not fight to finish, fight though not like a coward, fight to fight again recognising that revolutionary retreat is not an indication of cowardice or defeat because the struggle continues.
To all comrades here present; irrespective of our caucus difference, it is an absurd logic to conclude that simply because certain planless prodigal son could not accomplish the mantle of leadership, therefore the success of this regime must be unrealistic. NO! capital letter NO! Unity is the only remedy to the orientational confusion which TASUED UNIONISM is currently engulfed in.
Mr. Senate President(Rt. Sen. Odedeyi Oluwaseyi) Tasued Unionism is sick and requires therapy but from my observation the fault is not only in the operation but in the conception of the 2015 amended constitution, take note of that.
To all incoming executives, now that you have the mantle of leadership, you will know the situation and condition of the University, which is your Alma Mata and the more understanding you become and this breaks the backbone of agitation and protests which are the strongest weapons of student unionism. I will like to utilize this opportunity to express our gratitude to over sixteen thousand Tasuedites for given us the opportunity to serve them for the 2015/2016 session. We actually encountered a lot of tough and rough time in office but we succeed in making the mission of the mandate you gave.