A 200L student of Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu, Ile-Ife in Osun State has allegedly been said to have got electrocuted to death around 10:50pm on Wednesday 22 May, 2019 in his private hostel.

The student identified as Ashante Acheampong, a Ghanaian, was said to have been charging his phone at the same time using his earpiece to listen to music as well as chatting with the same phone.

Coincidentally but unfortunately, the transformer supplying current to the area he lives blew up at the time he was doing all the aforementioned things on his phone.

All efforts to revive him back to life was said to have proved abortive and sources confirmed that he gave up to ghost immediately after the ugly incident.

According to a close friend to the deceased, his corpse has been carried to his country, Ghana for burial rites.

By: Gbolahan Latinwo

Submit your View

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.