So many people tend to believe that securing admission into the University of Lagos is difficult.
You’ll be mistaken if you think this is true about UNILAG only. No Nigerian University gives admission for free. You’ll have to follow their institution’s admission procedure to pursue your academic dreams in any tertiary educational institution.
The University of Lagos is one of the most subscribed institutions in the country, and when over 40,000 secondary school leavers jostle for admission into an institution that has space for only 4,000 candidates, the admission process is bound to be strict.
UNILAG is one of such institutions that is very competitive and like other schools, the university has its conditions and procedures for admission.
So, for prospective students looking forward to gaining admission into UNILAG, here’s to go about it.
1. Admission into FULL-TIME undergraduate programmes is only through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE).
2. Candidates must obtain a minimum of 200 points in Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Candidate’s details must have been forwarded to University of Lagos by Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
3. Candidate must possess five (5) credits in O/Level or its equivalent as required by the Department of interest.
4. Candidate must sit for the University POST-UTME Screening and must obtain the required minimum score.
5. Candidate must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.