A female hostel of two-storey building ‘Bakassi building’ at the Yaba College of Technology (YabaTech), Lagos sate was gutted by fire. 

The fire which was reportedly caused by a spark from an electric panel started around 5:55 AM this morning and had raged for three hours before the arrival of the Fire Service.

The fire could not be put out immediately because the college Fire Service ran out of water, however, no casualties have been reported yet.

However, a report by a NEMA official revealed that four ladies who went into a state of shock and were rushed to the Federal Medical Center, Yaba, have been stabilised.

20 rooms were reported to have been damaged extensively while five rooms were partially affected at the topmost floor.

The management of YABATECH has suspended academic activities until further notice following the fire incident.

cx7l7giwiaadepx

Submit your View

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.