100 things you need to know about Adeyemi Federal University Of Education. It will be made up of important places, avenues, lecture theatre, people etc on campus.
1. The University Portal: This is the link to the outside world, every students has his/her data on the page, you can check your result here too.
2. The University Gate: About 70% of the students and staff pass through this gate on daily basis, the road link the institution to the main town, the CSO always harras the students, you go hear ”Where is Your Layard”
3.Loyo Boys: These are the people who make AFUED rock, they are very funny and they most time produce the first class during Convocation *Winks*
4. Prof.Segun Adesina Lecture theatre: Named after the former Provost of the institution, the lecture theatre is located at the extreme end of the University.
5.Early Childhood Care and Education Building: This happened to be one of the finest buidling on campus, it has an office block and a lecture room withing it.
6.Barrister Bamidele Ature Relaxation centre: Named after one of the University Prominent Alumnus, Barrister Bamidele Aturu, the relaxation is still under construction, this will be first of it kind when completed.
7.High Chief Dr.Olabanji Akingbule Lecture theatre: Build by one of Ondo Richest man, the 350 Capacity lecture theatre is located beside the Dr.Sola Ojerinde Dean’s block.
8.Honourble Yah: Ask any Unionist on campus, he will definately have something to say about this garrulous paliamentarian, he was the shorted man during the 2014/2015 paliamentary session.
9.TETFUND LT: Build by the Tertiary Education Trust Fund, this 500 seater capacity lecture theatre is located beside Prof.Adesina, build in the form of the Oduduwa hall in OAU.
10. Oba Victor Kiladejo Hall: This is the hostel for the aje butter boys, the hostel was build and commissioned by Oba Victor Kiladejo the Osemawe in 2010. This is also the newsest on campus.
11.Dr.Sola Ojerinde Education’s Dean Block: Build in memory of Prof.Dibu Ojerinde late wife, this building house the dean of education and some staff.
12.Grace Obong Lecture Theatre: Grace Obong was the former chairman of the governing council of AFUED, she hail from Akwa Ibom and was a former Secretary to the Government of her state. The lecture theatre is well ventilated and also spacious.
13.Senator Oluremi Tinubu Lecture theatre: The wife of Fomer Lagos State Governor Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu(JAGABAN), Senator Oluremi Tinubu was a former student of AFUED, she passed out in 1982. She build a classroom block, which was commissioned in 2006.
14:Language Laboratory: Located behind the Chemistry department, this is where most language students used in testing their vocal and intonation, the buiding is well equipped with state of the art facilities.
15:Ayomidele Bookshop: This is the major bookshop on campus, the University had a bookshop before but it was later privatised, this led to the formation of Ayomidel Bookshop. Their book cost, no be small, if you dey doubt me, ask Mrs. Loto.
16. Deek: A 200L students of AFUED, he is a rapper and a well know artiste on campus.
17. Prof.Babs Fafuwa Library: The Professor Babatunde Fafufuwa library was commissioned by the Former Minister of Education, Prof.Aminu Jibril in 1980, an extention to the library was build in 2010, the library can accomodate a total number of 1,000 students at a time.
18.Quadrangle: This is the photo shooting site for Arbicans, this place always look green. Almost if not all students once took a photograph there, people form outside the campus do come here too. This show the importance of the place to them.
19.Photo Afrika: If you want wait and get photo, just go to photo Afrika, they will do it for you at affordable price.
20.Prof.Kabiru Isyaku Administrative Building: Arguably, the largest building on campus, this is where the admin block is located, almost all the principal officers in the university are there, name it, the Acting VC, the registra, the Bursar etc, they all have their offices at the Prof.Kabiru Isyaku Adminstrative block. Prof. Kabiru Isyaku was the former executive secretary of National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) he delivered the University 33rd Convocation lecture last year.
…..to be continued.